Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My hound mix is 10yrs old. has been over weight years. she

Customer Question

My hound mix is 10yrs old. has been over weight for many years. she has big fatty tumors which the vet said some dogs get. Recently I noticed her drinking more than normal ang also panting a lot. its cool weather twice today she was going a bit nuts, like she had to go out. (i'm in an apt. so she has to be walked) I got her out and almost immediately she had diarrhea. About 2 hrs later same thing. I let het out on the balcony this time and she had diarrhea again. She never goes inside and then thought she was going to be in trouble. I've had to put my first dog down and I'm freaking out a little. She now seems fine sitting at the window and wagging her tail when I just peeked in on her. I do not have the funds to do all testing and treatments and I wouldn't put her through that. She freaks out just getting her nails cut. What to do??? My Name is ***** ***** her name is Shug.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Has Shug had any new food, treats or people food recently?

Could she have gotten into anything unusual?

So she's only had diarrhea a couple times today?

Have you continued to feed her today?

Is she on any medications at all?