Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He is coughing like he has something in s throat but is

Customer Question

he is coughing like he has something in his throat but is breathing ok. I have looked and mad him gag but nothing comes out. Not sure what else to do. We don't have toys small enough for him to choke on. He is an english bulldog so there is no telling what he ate ???
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the English bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the English bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Angus he is a little over a year old. He just drank some water and seems to be ok now. I'm afraid he ate something from a toy.. all of his toys are organic soft and accounted for... should I just keep an eye on him?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Angus?
Customer: no other wise he is in great health no issues.
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can he keep food and water down?

Are his gums pink, not pale/white?

Any belly discomfort or tensing if you press on his belly?

Any access to bones,plants, or any medications?