Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My 12 pound Maltese had her teeth cleaned on Tuesday. 4 days

Customer Question

My 12 pound Maltese had her teeth cleaned on Tuesday. 4 days later she started Bolingbrook her to vet. She gave her.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Gave her Jeremiah injection and proposed she is vomiting. Was ok till shot wore off vomiting again
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we know of. Seems Hungary. East and vomits everything. Water too. If she moved she vomits.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Seems Hungary?
Customer: Can I give her 12.5 of meclazine
JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 months ago.

Yes, meclizine at 12.5 mg once daily is reasonable. As hungry as she is, you should still fast her for 6 hours which will give the meclizine time to take effect. Her water needs to be replaced with ice cubes for her to lick so that drinking excessively doesn't prompt yet more vomiting.

Please note that meclizine should be used with caution in patients with severe cardiac failure or angle-closure glaucoma. The usual adverse effect with this drug is sedation; less frequently dry mucous membranes and tachycardia (rapid heart rate) are seen. Contradictory central nervous system stimulation has also been reported.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.