Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My husky just attacked my little guy and I need to give m

Customer Question

my husky just attacked my little guy and I need to give him something for the pain not sure if he's hurt internally at all but nothing I can do right now but wait and see can I give him asprun this one time ? he's if I had to guess around 5 to 7 pounds
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well my husky had my little dog and got him pretty good no bleeding to the eye on the outside I didn't see it happen I just stopped it he know is just very nervous and cries when touched by his ear I just need to please know about asprin until I can get him to be seen
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would like a answer before my doh dies ...that's if this isnt a scam thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

Yes, aspiring dosed at 10 mg/lb with food at 12 hour intervals is safe. Acetminophen is OK at 7 mg/lb thrice daily but isn't antiinflammatory as is aspirin. You must avoid both ibuprofen and naproxen - both of which are toxic to dogs.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?