Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog I a 7 yr old female lab with cronic urinary

Customer Question

My dog I a 7 yr old female lab with cronic urinary infections I got her uryn tested on th e1st and it was fine but tonight when I was collecting a sample I noticed a brown bloody clear liquid traces from her vagina my vet is out of town and my dog is very aggressive toward new people so I don't want to take her anywhere else the dog is still acting normal no lethargy vomiting loss of appetite she does seenm to be adoing a weird little hop in her walk
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure no symptoms other than th ebrownish bloody liquid well her tounge is really red almost purple and she is panting more than ususal however she does not have a temp over 100
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 months ago.

Can you tell me, please, if she's demonstrating any symptoms that you've seen when she had experienced one of her many urinary tract infections? Is she spayed? If not, when was her last heat period?