Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

One of our dogs started to urinate large amount of urine in

Customer Question

One of our dogs started to urinate large amount of urine in the house, they have access to outside via doggy door
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: So can you help?
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: No injury at all
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: NoNE if we leave for an hour, when we come home there is a huge puddle o furine
JA: OK. Nothing visually obvious. Is the dog eating normally?
Customer: Yes eating and playing...
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lenore 2 yr
JA: How old is Lenore?
Customer: 2
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lenore?
Customer: Her brother has urine crystals and they both have been taking cran tri c
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Has the dog been checked for a UTI, Crytals, or stones?

Does this only happen when you leave the dog alone?

Has anything changed in the home such as a new pet or a new person?

Anything change in the neighborhood such as construction?

Does the dog ever become destructive when you leave?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The issue has only started in the past two days, we have two dogs.
Both from same litter and we treated the male for urine crystals with cran tri c but they didn't like the taste, so we have been using Vertiscience uti bite size chews they like these and get them.daily

So was the female tested also or are you just giving Vertiscience chews without testing?

Is there ever a puddle when she gets up from resting or does this only happen when you are away?

It seems as if you have gone offline. If this is a bladder infection causing the problem then what you are giving is not going to take care of the problem. You will need antibiotics for an infection so I would drop off a urine sample for testing to be sure, especially since it just started to happen. Another thing to look at would be incontinence as this can be a problem with females. There is medication to help that as well.

What I would do until you have her tested is to crate her or gate her in a room with easy clean up to save yourself the trouble. If it is medical she cannot help it.