Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

S urine smell really strong like ammonia and its very yellow

Customer Question

his urine smell really strong like ammonia and its very yellow could you tell me what that means
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** not excatly sure of his age i belive hes full grown tho hes a paranise mixed with a lab he was given to me maybe three months ago all i know is that he has his shots and he sleeps and snors all the time
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help Tyson. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tyson?
Customer: thats pretty much it besides his breath being real strong ass well its just taking me a while to get him to the vet because of the expense i just hope with his urine smell that strong that it not harmfull to me to smell it or not causeing him any pain
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?

1) Did the previous owners provide you with paperwork for his shots that might show his age?
2) Is Tyson given free access to food and water?
3) Is he still active?
4) Eating, drinking, defecating and urinating normally despite the smell?
5) How much does Tyson weigh, approximately?