Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

Ripper is shaking uncontrollably -- legs are weak -- just

Customer Question

Ripper is shaking uncontrollably -- legs are weak -- just not right. Can I give her something? Hed bobbing like someone with parkinsons.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: None that I can see -- but her toenails need clipping.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. My toenails are my secret shame. We will not discuss them further.
Customer: This came on her so fast. She was fine when I got home from work -- and an hour later this started. Quite suddenly.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tipper. She is a 10 year old pure bred Doxie.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tipper?
Customer: No -- she's normally very active and playful. Her nose felt cool when the shaking first started -- then it felt warm -- so I gave her a quick bath, thinking if she had a fever it might help. Her nose feels cooler now, but she is quaking -- and legs are weak.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Ripper.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tipper just vomited. She is listless, but the shaking seems to be a little better. Her head is still bobbing a little.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

Glad you're there. I've got a lot of important information to give you about Tipper. This sounds like an emergency to me. I'm worried Tipper may have ingested something poisonous... that would be the most common thing to cause symptoms like this, and regardless of the cause, these are serious symptoms and she needs medical attention right away. While preparing to go to the vet, do take a good look around for any evidence of anything she may have found to eat. Look especially for mouse or rat poisons... is there anything green or suspicious in the vomit?

But then please seek medical attention right away.

Is there any other information I can help provide you with during this urgent situation?

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.
If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.
If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.
Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to ask how things are going with Tipper.

Thank you,

Dr. Jo