Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My name is ***** *****. I am trying to find out how much

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I am trying to find out how much folic acid I should give my 113 lb Cane Corso
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is about to come into heat and I am going to breed her.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. You actually do not need to supplement with folic acid at all. What you do need to do is to place your dog on a very high quality puppy food a couple of weeks before she gives birth. While she is pregnant have her on a very high quality dog food. High quality dog foods usually have in excess of 200 % of the folic acid a dog will need so you do not have to worry about any birth defects or problems when you are feeding a high quality diet.

There are many high quality foods on the market now for use. The wellness diets are very high quality as are Canadae, Blue, and many others.

I hope this helps answer your concerns but please let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely,

DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I will check back with you tonight. If you still want level of folic acid I can give that to you but it is completely un-necessary if you follow my instructions above and can be associated with negative effects......let me know

DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B