Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He has been coughing and hacking like he has to throw up and

Customer Question

He has been coughing and hacking like he has to throw up and he'll heave for a few mins then suddenly he'll just fall over sideways lay there then get up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: We've taken him to the vet for the cough and both times they have just given us cough suppressant and a antibiotic but it hasn't worked. They tested for heart worms too it was negative. He's a beagle lab about one yr
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? What were the name of the antibiotics that your beagle was placed on? Did he have any x-rays performed at your veterinarian? Does he seem like he has a temperature?