Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog was vomiting dark black vomit. I called the vet

Customer Question

My dog was vomiting dark black vomit. I called the vet suggested no food for 12 hours and Pepcid ac. I did she drank water no vomit but still does not want to eat. What do you suggest?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did The eat anything unusual?
Customer: No. She has been like this for two days now. She vomited really big messes like 10 times yesterday. Now tie no food or water for 12 hours and the Pepcid ac she has not vomited but still does not want to eat the chicken and rice. I do not know what else to do and
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about The?
Customer: I need to know what else I need to attempt today. The vet is closed today.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. So she has not vomited at all today but is not eating. Is that correct? Is she drinking and keeping the water down?