Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My Tibetan terrier is 12 years old, has Lyme disease! He had

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** My Tibetan terrier is 12 years old , has Lyme disease! He had blood word was put on antibiotic . They said it could possibly be his kidneys failing ! At times he appears completely normal. Other times he walks backwards, has tremors, still wants to eat and go on his walks !
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Before we took him to vet he vomited & was walking backwards! After they put him on kidney diet & antibiotic he appeared to be normal again! We took him back for a panel and the vet said his numbers improved somewhat but she was still concerned. ! Today he is shaking & not feeling well! He took some food went on his walk & is lying down right now !
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello I'm waiting for an answer
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.Since your vet is still concerned, this probably means that your guys kidney enzymes are still in the higher than normal range which means that the waste products being produced are not being neutralized causing your guy to still be sick. It is best, ***** ***** is not feeling well today that you take him to your vet for IV fluids to flush out his system of these waste products. There is still hope to get your guy past this disease but it will take more intense treatments before he is back to his old self.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there anything I could do for him today?

Yes, give your sweet guy Pedialyte 3-4 cc or 5 tablespoons every 4-6 hrs. This will help keep your guy hydrated and help flush out waste products from his system. This will help keep your guy comfortable. Good luck!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks

You are very welcome! Just do the best you can for your precious guy!!