Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She was fine yesterday but then started breathing heavily,

Customer Question

She was fine yesterday but then started breathing heavily
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: She is now panting and showing no interest in what is happening. She is 15 and a Yorkshire Terrier. She has Benin given lexicon and synulox for a tooth infection. All was well until yesterday
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the Yorkshire terrier can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Yorkshire terrier's name?
Customer: Be
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Be?
Customer: Sorry Bella
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long did her signs start after she had her medication?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Does she seem sore anywhere? Her belly especially?

Any black stools, retching, gagging, or vomiting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for contacting me but she died an hour ago.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear that she has. I will send your question back to customer service for them to refund you.

Please take care,

Dr. B.