Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a pregnant dog who I think is pretty far along in her

Customer Question

I have a pregnant foster dog who I think is pretty far along in her pregnancy. She has had chronic diarrhea since I got her and last night she threw up bile. Is this something I should be concerned about?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no, I've had her on chicken and rice for over a week because she came in with chronic diarrhea. She was on ID but even that wasn't helping with the diarrhea.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She had hip surgery well over a month ago. we think she was hit by a car but she has pretty well recovered from that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $14 after the Veterinarian responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 months ago.

Hello. thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a couple of questions to see if I can better assess your situation?

Is there any blood or mucus in the stool?

Was there a change in diet when you started fostering her?

Has she had a fecal exam recently?