Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I'm ***** *****. My dog chased a car this evening and may

Customer Question

Hi, I'm ***** *****. My dog chased a car this evening and may have been hit by the rear wheel. She seems ok - walking, no limp; eating, no throwing up; toileting properly. She has a minor scrape where she's lost her fur above one eye, area smaller than 1cm. No beldding of any kind. She is licking her front paws a lot but there's no damage and she's letting me touch her everywhere. But she keeps wanting to burrow - she is digging through the leaves under the trees, ripping up her beding and trying to hide behind a pillow on the couch. Other than that, she seems fine. I did call out emergency vet but they seemed to think she may just be a little stunned. What should I be looking for, worst case scenario?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not much more to say. I guess I'm just concerned that I might have missed something when checking her over?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you give me an update on how she is doing?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks - we decided to take our dog to the vet. She is currently being seen by our after hours emergency vet (2.59am here). She seems ok but I just needed to make sure.

Fantastic, that was the best option. Let's hope she is fine.

Thank you for the update.

You're welcome.