Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have three golden retriever puppies (born 20 Dec 2015) and

Customer Question

I have three golden retriever puppies (born 20 Dec 2015) and one of them now has a dark belly. He's not really itching and he's playing and eating fine...what do you think it might be?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has the belly skin been dark?

Is he itching it at all? Any redness at the edges of the dark area?

Does the black appear to be part of the skin? Is it raised or something you can wipe off?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket,Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.