Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

A puppy. My puppy is almost six weeks old, but he has a

Customer Question

A puppy.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My puppy is almost six weeks old, but he has a runny nose and makes a snorting noise. He seems to look like he's having a hard time breathing or trying to sneeze or even possibly throw up. He won't eat anything either.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What color is the discharge form his nose?

Is it from one or both nostrils?

Does he sound congested?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?

Has he brought anything up or is he just gagging/retching?