Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My name is ***** *****. Our dog has been yelping while

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. Our dog has been yelping while pooping. It started acouple of years ago. We've changed her food, given her steroids and have been prescribed a human medicine that is a foam we insert inside her. The issue was controlled up until a couple months ago.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is on a hypoallergenic prescription Purina dog food. She is 8 years old, extremely fit mixed breed weighing 45lbs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Is she on steroids still? Can you tell me specifically what the foam is?

Has her vet done any testing?

Are her foods usually very firm or loose?