Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Dry cough with gagging' Orero is 7 year old Schitzsu, No, no

Customer Question

Dry cough with gagging'
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Orero is 7 year old Schitzsu
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Orero?
Customer: No, no lethargy or other symptoms. Eating, drinking and playing otherwise
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Orero today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

How long has this cough been going on?

Does Orero go to places where he is exposed to other dogs (grooming salon, doggy day care, kennels)?

Has Orero been vaccinated for kennel cough?

Is Orero on heartworm prevention medication?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Has not been treated for kennel cough. Hasn't been exposed to groomer for several weeks. Has been treated for heart worms. Been treating with honey and Benadryl.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Coughing more prominent when excited or playing
Expert:  petdrz. replied 9 months ago.

How long has he been coughing like this?