Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog is scheduled mass removal on Wednesday morning.

Customer Question

my dog is scheduled for surgery for a mass removal on Wednesday morning. Friday evening he bit thru the mass and it started bleeding. I took him gto the vet and they wrap the lower half of his body where the mass is located (next to his penis) with gauze and wrap tightly so the bleeding stopped. Her has not had a bowel movement and I am not sure if they wrapped hi too tight even though they said he would be all right. I went to Blue Cross Animal Hospital in Montclair, Ca.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your dog and the problems with this mass. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is he eating, and drinking since being wrapped? Can he urinate?

If he is eating, and urinating normally, he should be OK. If you are worried, I would have the wrap checked tomorrow and replaced, since the surgery is not until Wednesday.

Let me know if this helps, and what other questions you have. Rebecca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is doing all of that except he is not urinating as much and he has not had a bowel movement since he was wrapped yesterday.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

If he is not urinating as much, and not defecating, the wrap may need to be redone. No bowel movement in a day is not too worrying but if he is eating he should have one by tomorrow. I would have your vet check the wrap tomorrow since I assume he is not available today.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is your dog today?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?