Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He ate a huge dish of chocolate, Ashton, 8 years old, 124

Customer Question

he ate a huge dish of chocolate brownies
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ashton, 8 years old, 124 years old. He is on thyroid medication and the last couple of weeks was diagnosed with laryngeal paralysis or displaced soft pallette because he can not breathe at rest..scheduled for surgery. he is just laying still right now.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ashton?
Customer: did you read that he was recently diagnosed with laryngeal paralysis or displaced soft pallette because he cannot breathe at rest? on thyroid meds. now. should i give him benedryl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How much chocolate or cocoa powder was used to make the brownies he ate?

How much does he weigh?

How is he just now?