Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He licked up some linseed oil off the ground after i had

Customer Question

he licked up some linseed oil off the ground after i had used it on a wood project. He has thrown up twice but is still hungry and thrusty
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: buddha and 10 months golden retervier
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buddha?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Linseed oil isn't toxic to Buddha. You might see transient gastrointestinal distress - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea - develop but Buddha will remain safe. His continuing to be hungry and thirsty are positive prognostic signs. It would be best to fast him for 6 hours past his last vomiting episode in an attempt to ensure that what he eats stays down. If drinking induces more vomiting please replace his water with ice cubes for him to lick.

Please check the label of your linseed oil for other ingredients used for woodworking. If you find any please let me know what they are.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.