Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My almost 16 year female springer Spaniel has an inner ear

Customer Question

My almost 16 year female springer Spaniel has an inner ear infection. What can we do to make her feel better?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the springer spaniel can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the springer spaniel's name?
Customer: Her name is Allie. Actually Indy Alley because because we bought her from a breeder in Indianopolis on Time Trial Days of Indy 500. I understand she is old, but I don't like to see her in pain!What can I do?
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Allie?
Customer: I just want her to be comfortable
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I am Dr. RB and I am a small animal veterinarian. Can you describe your dog's symptoms to me.. Redness or swelling to one or both ears? Bad odor or discharge seen? Have she had any symptoms of head tilting to one side? Any stumbling around, nausea or vomiting seen?