Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog just got neutered today. s penis is swollen as if he

Customer Question

My dog just got neutered today. His penis is swollen as if he has an erection and his bulbourethral glands are swollen. He is in a lot of pain and I gave him his first dose of Rimadyl. I actually work at the animal hospital but have never had a male dog before. I don't know if this is normal and how long before it goes away. I was planning on bringing him in when I go to work tomorrow if it is still swollen
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jojo, and he is about 4 and a half
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Veterinarian now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- I will assume he has a prescrotal incision, correct?

2- How old is your dog?

3- Any swelling in the scrotum?