Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has a crusty area on the outside of s ear. When I ick

Customer Question

Hi, my dog has a crusty area on the outside of his ear. When I ick at it the fur comes with it. He is not itching, it does not have fluid. Just dry and crusty and it comes and goes. HELP
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Are you ready to speak with the Veterinarian now?
Customer: He is generally an inside dog but has been playing in a dog park with other dogs.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Amigo and maybe 2 years. He is a rescue.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  petdrz. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Is the lesion on the tip of his ear?

When you pick it off, does the skin look inflammed or irritated?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.