Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Pete, My 10 year old dog has been diagnosed having diabetes.

Customer Question

Hi Pete, I'm Sirpa. My 10 year old dog has been diagnosed having diabetes. I'm concerned as what to do as I have fear of needles. I've been told that there is a insulin pen available for humans, but is there one available for dogs.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My dog has been drinking lots for last 3 weeks and his food need has increased. Vets were suspicious that he might have Cushing's disease but test have come negative, now he's had blood tests. He's been blind now for 2 years, he started loosing his sight when he was only 5 years of age. Vet took urine test today and blood test, his levels were 28, he is Chihuahua cross foxy.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My dog has lost about 700 grams in couple of weeks.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Still, I did want to let you know that there is an insulin pen now available for dogs that could help you get around needle fear and enable you to treat your dog. It is called Vet Pen and is made by Caninsulin (More Info HERE). You can even watch a video on how to use it HERE to see if it would be an option you could comfortably handle. If you feel you can, your vet should be able to get this for your lad or write you a prescription to order form your preferred online pharmacy.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is the only way I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

**Please do make sure to rate my answer, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already). IF you have any lingering questions, please stop and reply to me via the button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)