PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My large 7 yr old Rott/lab mix (186 lbs) moans when he lies

Customer Question

My large 7 yr old Rott/lab mix (186 lbs) moans when he lies down, stretches, often through the night and when he turns over or around. His labs in November were fine, xrays of hips in August 2015 were fine, xrays last month of his front legs and chest were fine. He eats fine, runs, goes up/down stairs fine. He's always been big, like his parents and has probably lost more weight thru diet since the xrays 3 weeks ago. Thoughts? Gas maybe? We've noticed he passes gas after some of this moaning
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like the moaning is synchronized with the flatulence and he may benefit from some relief of gas. So long as he is otherwise acting fine, as you have stated, it won't hurt to try some medication to alleviate that. In that, you'll know whether or not that's what it is.

The dosages are available here, but do not allow the warnings of bloat to concern you as Roc is not showing any symptoms we see in bloat dogs: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/gas-x-for-dogs/

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated for their time. If questions remain, reply and I will help you further.