PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I think my yorkie poo swallowed an allergy pill about 5

Customer Question

I think my yorkie poo swallowed an allergy pill about 5 minutes ago
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was an Aerius 5 mg pill.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Good evening. Can you tell me what kind of allergy pill it was and strength? There should be a name and milligram on the box or pill vial.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was a 5mg Aerius pill
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I just added a picture of the medication

Thanks for the speedy reply. It would be worthwhile to make him vomit. This medication is not commonly used in dogs. Here are the directions: http://www.sunrisepetclinicaz.com/vomiting.html

You'll want to watch out for prolonged vomiting, diarrhea, lethargic behavior, heavy sleep where you cannot rouse your pet, etc. By making him vomit, it's likely he will show no signs of consumption at all but if you do see concerning symptoms contact your local vet and have a physical exam performed pronto.

If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated for their time. If questions remain, reply and I will help you further.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy