Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has been limping little bit about a month or so. We

Customer Question

My dog has been limping for a little bit about a month or so. We figured it was just the cold but today she started really limping and vomiting. She barked at me quite virociously which is not like her. It is her front leg that she is limping on and she walks now with her head down.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She started breathing heavy as if she had been running around and is very thirsty. She's laying down asleep right now but vomited while she was sleeping not too long ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How old is she?

Does she seem painful with her neck?

Can she keep anything down? Water?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?