Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My Shiba Inu is almost 12 and the last few days she wants to

Customer Question

My Shiba Inu is almost 12 and the last few days she wants to stay outside by herself and she shivers. She's been taking seizure medication for almost a year and she had knee surgery almost 2 years ago. She also had a stroke about 3 years ago. Her morning routine is off and she's not being herself.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Missy. It looks like it is cold shivers because it only happens when she is outside and cold and not seizures.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Missy?
Customer: That's mainly it. Just the sudden change in her routine have us concern.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

Is Missy eating/drinking/urinating/defecating normally?

When was the last time her vet checked her pheno levels?

Have there been any changes in the environment?