Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

14 year old American Eskimo/Sharpei - has a stingy mucous

Customer Question

14 year old American Eskimo/Sharpei - has a stingy mucous appearing when she urinates- no blood and doesn't appear to be in pain.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Appears white. Over the last six months she has had issues with her hips and trouble getting up and walking. Eats normally and has no problems going to the bathroom
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon, thanks for your question. It looks like the expert you were hoping to speak with today is not currently available, so I have stepped in to assist you so that you can receive prompt attention to your question. Can you answer a few questions for me?

1) Is your girl spayed?
2) How often do you see the mucous appear?
3) Is she licking her genitals frequently?