Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have an 8 year old corgi mix. She is a little over weight

Customer Question

i have an 8 year old corgi mix. She is a little over weight and working on reducing her weight. This morning I noticed how quiet she was, and not alot of energy to her when I took her for a walk. She eat fine. Her one eye is half shut at times and when it is open appears to be roliing back to her head. Now her other eye appears at times to be rolling when she is sitting and looking up at me. Her mouth is slightly open and it appears to me that she might be in pain. if someone comes to the door then she acts fine. I don't know what to do. Her vet is not open today, but tomorrow morning was going to make an appointment. Also her one eye that is semi closed closed is very red when it does open.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: such as.................
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Is she on any medications?

Is she eating/drinking/urinating/defecating normally?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Have you brought anything new into the house recently?

Has the weather changed at all?