Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Binji, My pet is constipated and I,

Customer Question

Binji
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My pet is constipated and I
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible.....

How long has your dog been constipated?

Any other symptoms such as vomiting or not eating?

How old is your dog?

Does your dog get bones, rawhides, or people food?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he sometimes get table scrapts
Expert:  Lisa replied 9 months ago.

Great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

My favorite over-the-counter option to help with a dog who is dealing with some constipation is plain old canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling).

You can pick it up at pretty much any grocery store at all. I would start with about 1/4 of a can today and see if that helps. Usually it will get things moving. If not, you can give some more.

If he still hasn't defecated by tomorrow morning, then you should give your vet a call and have them take a peek at him, just in case he's so constipated that he needs to be manually disimpacted.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Lisa replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Lisa
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thank you for your answers but my little Binji is very sick and is now in the hospital and not looking good he is ten years old Iam praying that he gets better and can come home so your services may not be needed.
Expert:  Lisa replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the update. I"ll keep my fingers crossed for him.