HI there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today.
I definitely agree that it's time for them to look a bit deeper than just giving you a spray and some antibiotics.
As someone who lives with an allergy dog herself, I can completely understand how frustrating it can be when you're trying to figure out what is causing your dog to be so miserable.
With my pup, I had my vet do VARL testing (more info here: http://www.varlallergy.com/ ), which determined exactly what he was allergic to (turns out he's allergic to ragweed and a specific type of pollen), which made it easier to control his contact with the items he's allergic to. As a side note...many, many, many dogs are highly allergic to corn and corn products, so it could very well be that if any of the dog foods or dog treats you're using contain corn, that could be part of Paisley's problem.
We also began using the medication Atopica (more info here: http://www.atopica.com/ ), which helped control his itching and made him a happier guy. Atopica is sort of the 'big gun', and once we got my dog's allergies under control, we were able to switch to Temaril P instead (which is less expensive and it only takes 1/4 tablet once a day to keep my dog's allergies in check). There's also an injectable allergy medication on the market called Apoquel, which works really well, but because it's so popular, it tends to run out of stock with some regularity.
If this were me that's where I'd start with Paisley.
I Hope this helps.