Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Pearl you wear many hats...you come up ...anyhow my dogs

Customer Question

pearl you wear many hats...you come up for everything...anyhow my dogs have consumed star fruit and are vomiting...what can should be done???
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: yes....as stated above...star fruit
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: names don't matter...both jrt's 1year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

HI this is DRB. Your doggies need to be seen at ER. This is usually a mild-severe poisoning and can include the following signs:

Drooling,Inappetance,Vomiting,Diarrhea,Lethargy,Weakness,Tremors,Bloody urine,Changes in thirst and urination

This will not be an at home fix.....you will have to go to ER where they can get fluids and at least some decontamination with activated charcoal. Kidney failure can also occur from this so going to ER and getting fluids very important part of treatment.

Hope this helps you,but let me know if you need additional assistance.

Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Dr B replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB