Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I was walking two of my dogs Sj who is 7 months old and

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** was walking two of my dogs Sj who is 7 months old and tiger who is 5 months old I've just gotten tiger when he was 3 months old an he doesn't know how to walk on the leash so I know it was going to take some time so I was trying to teach him on my two dog leash holder with sj who's perfect on the leash and at first tiger didnt wanna go any where he just kept laying down then he got the hint and started walking with us but of course he kept trying to be in front of us choking himself I only walked about 3 blocks because he was breathing very hard and I headed back home and he was pulling the whole way back home and when we made it back to my house he collasped on my porch started foaming and bleeding out the mouth and he has just been laying around all day just breathing kind of hard it slowed down a bit but I am really concern like I'm scared idk what to do was I wrong for trying to teach him to walk on the leash with sj I'm sorry for all of this but I am really worried
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How much blood did you see when he got home?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?