Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog is on antibiotics, an anti-inflamatory, and Tramadol

Customer Question

My dog is on antibiotics, an anti-inflamatory, and Tramadol for a bad leg - waiting for the aspirate to come back - but he is crying and I can't get him up. Fever seems to be down. Can I give him another Xanax?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is part Shepherd and part Akita and is 10. Thought he had DM, but he doesn't. Did just get a dx of arthritis. He may be crying because he has to go to the bathroom, but he won't even help us help him get up. Got on the meds on Tuesday and the Tramadol today Our vets feel the lame leg is a separate issue and he has a secondary infection, but the fever is down now. He had a better day today, but the leg is fairly swollen - on X-Ray there is a soft tissue mass above the elbow
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

You asked if you could give him another Xanax, how many has he had?

Do you think he is painful?

What dose of Tramadol are you giving? How often?

Which anti-inflammatory are you using? What dose?

How much does he weigh?