Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Name is ***** *****
, I have a Yorkie Terrier that

Customer Question

Hi There My Name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Yorkie Terrier that has Kennel Cough and he is on Clavamox 62.5mg. and he act's like he can't breath. Is there anything else I can give him?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's my question about my dog Squirt. We brought him home on 12 of February from Willamette Animal Chambers Creek in Salem,Oregon.
I took Squirt to our Vet. in Albany,Oregon on Tuesday the 16 of February and they put him on Clavamox than.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify what "can't breath(e)" implies for me? Kennel cough sufferers can cough to the point of a terminal retch but rarely have trouble catching their breath. I also need you to assess his respiratory rate at rest for me. He should be taking less than 40 breaths/minute. Please tell me how old he is and is Willamette Animal Chambers Creek a shelter for dogs?