Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I think he is constipated! s poop is very little and a bit

Customer Question

I think he is constipated! his poop is very little and a bit of mucus. A couple of times he tried to poop but nothing came out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bear, is a 1yo, 6lb Pomeranian
JA: How old is Pomeranian?
Customer: 1
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pomeranian?
Customer: He got a hold to a small chicken bone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you, My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

If he got hold of a small chicken bone then there may actually be an obstruction of the bowel and that is why he cannot have a bowel movement. If you know for sure that he chewed the bone into small bits you can try giving him some pure canned pumpkin (not the ready made pie filling) to help him have a bowel movement. A teaspoon with his food should help. I would also feed him a piece of whole grain bread because if the bone was chewed and it splinters it has the potential to puncture the intestinal tract which would cause sepsis.

Knowing that he did eat a bone, your best bet would be to bring him in and have him x rayed to see where the bone is and how big it is in the intestinal tract.

Symptoms of a blockage are sudden lack of appetite vomiting, change in stool or stool habits (diarrhea) and lethargy. An obstruction would require surgery.

Obstruction (foreign body)

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastric-stomach-foreign-body-in-

dogs/page1.aspx

dangers of bones http://www.thepetcenter.com/imtop/bones.html

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Exactly, how much did you all charge my card. It said $5.00 but it appears to be more and I did not sign up for a monthly suscription
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The answers you gave are free on the Internet you didn't add anything new just recommended what the Web has for free
Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I actually do not charge your card anything. I believe the site does ask for a good faith 'deposit' of five dollars.

By your question, you thought your dog was only constipated, I told you pumpkin would help with that. However I also knew to recognize a potential bigger health issue with the information you provided.

While I do include links to help the customer decide the importance of their situation and what the potential dangers are, the advice given is from years of experience and knowledge. It is up to you to decide what action to take with your pet. All anyone can do online is tell you the probabilities, it should never replace a hands on exam.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.