Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello. Thanks for the question.
Ivermectin toxicity in dogs can cause a number of neurologic signs- vomiting, diarrhea, incoordination, tremors, seizures, coma and death.
If all you're seeing is some mild dizziness or confusion, it may be a mild toxicity. In that case, I would just stop the Ivermectin and talk with your vet about decreasing the dose. When we treat mites with Ivermectin, we'll sometimes see side effects and we need to drop the dose down.
If you notice any tremors or seizures, then he'll need to get seen by an ER vet as those dogs need to be hospitalized and treated more aggressively.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.