Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I recent adopted a dog and am trying to verify whether her

Customer Question

I recent adopted a dog and am trying to verify whether her rabies tag is good for 1 or 3 years. Pet ID 7524 Rabies Tag M26298283 ***** *****, Harris County, TX
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She was due for a shot on Oct 16 and I adopted her Oct 9. I'm almost certain I was told that she was given a rabies shot on Oct 7, but my vet is want to make sure that she received the shot to confirm that it was a 3 year shot and I'm having a hard time getting the animal adoption agency to return my call.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. The original expert you asked for is not online. My name is ***** ***** I have been working with dogs for 25 years.

There should be paper work with any adoption have you looked there? Also is there a rabies tag on the dog with the vet information on it? If not, in your adoption rescue package the vet that treated the dog for the rescue should be listed. That is who to contact. Sometimes even on the website of the rescue they state the vets they use.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.