Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. He most likely has an upset stomach from eating all those chips. Worse case is that it gave him a pancreatitis. Unless the chips where old and moldy, which I doubt they were, there shouldn't be any issue with toxicity. You can always make him vomit to empty his stomach. That is probably the best thing to do if the ingestion was within the hour. 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 15 lbs of body weight given orally usually does the trick. It can be repeated once in 10 minutes if necessary. Pepcid is usually safe in most circumstances for dogs, unless they have an allergy to it. 2.5mg per 10 lbs of body weight daily usually suffices. If he has multiple episodes of vomiting outside of making him vomit, lack of appetite tomorrow, bloody stools, extreme lethargy or a painful abdomen; I would get him evaluated by a vet immediately. I probably wouldn't feed any dinner tonight either. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.
My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.