Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

He sometimes vomits just what looks like bile and stomach

Customer Question

He sometimes vomits just what looks like bile and stomach acids. It doesn't happen all the time but it seems to be periodic.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Momo and he is 10 years old now
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Momo?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using the Dog category to help you with your problem. I am sorry to hear Momo is having this problem.

What breed of dog is Momo?

How long has this been going on?

How many times a day do you feed Momo? Is it dry kibble or wet food?

Is Momo on any medications?

How often does Momo seem to vomit bile?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Boston Terrier, I have had him five years, I feed him kibble with water once per day. No meds and it is infrequent. Just happens sometime.

Thank you for that information. You may be seeing acid reflux as just like humans dogs can get this. What I would try is breaking the one meal up into three smaller meals, breakfast, mid afternoon around 3 pm, and then before bed.

An empty stomach can cause more acid so smaller meals may help.

You can also try giving pepcid AC and I will direct you to a site with dosing for this.

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid

Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.