Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We discovered my 5 year old 85 pound weimaraner ingested

Customer Question

we discovered my 5 year old 85 pound weimaraner ingested appx. 180 glucosamine 1500mg/chondroitin 1200 mg pills about 6 hours ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Beasley
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Beasley?
Customer: he is on 10 mg of prednisone daily and 40 mg of leflunomide
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Good evening. Thanks for your question. It looks like the veterinarian you were originally wanting to speak with was unavailable. Your question was opened to other veterinary professionals.

Did I understand correctly that he consumed 180 tablets of 1500mg glucosamine/1200mg Chondroitin pills?

If so, can you either share a link to the specific medication or post a copy of the ingredients as a picture?