Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I changed my 2 Wheaten Terrier dogs to a natural Raw Food

Customer Question

I changed my 2 Wheaten Terrier dogs to a natural Raw Food diet. My 2 year old dog must of had a problem during the night and I found white crumbly stool in my basement.
Do I have to change his diet? He seems to really like the raw food diet and eats more.
I hope this is not serious and I can adjust his diet. D I need to take him to his vet?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 10 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Are you sure that this white, crumbly stool is recent? Typically when stool is white and crumbly, it has been in the environment for a longer time and dried out. As far as his diet goes, if he otherwise is acting normal, eating well, not having vomiting, not having diarrhea, and not losing / gaining weight - then it seems he's tolerating it well.