Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Good evening, Brandi.I'm glad that you chose to reach out to someone before giving either medication, because both of these are *TOXIC* to dogs and can cause not only organ damage but also death.Tylenol toxicity info: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/acetaminophen/Ibuprofen toxicity info: http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/ibuprofen/In most cases of ear issues, adult dogs do not have ear mites but, instead, have an ear infection. I'm sure that Fat Head is uncomfortable, but it would be safer to avoid using anything at all than to use either of these medications.Your vet will likely want to perform an ear swab to see what might be within the ear. Usually, we see bacteria and yeast. An ear medication tailored specifically to your pet's needs will be prescribed based on what is seen on the swab. If needed, they can then prescribed a dog-safe NSAID like Rimadyl, Deramaxx, Metacam, etc.I'm sorry that I cannot advise you on what to give this evening, but in the long run it will be safer for Fat Head to avoid using these medications because of their high level of toxicity.If my answer has helped you, please take the time to leave positive feedback. This is how experts are compensated for their time with each customer. If questions remain, please reply and I will help further.