Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 5 month old American dog is moving slow where he has been

Customer Question

My 5 month old American bull dog is moving slow where he has been full of energy
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because Mack is so young, it is not uncommon for them to pull a ligament or bruising from playing too hard. These symptoms, as long as Mack will still eat, is most likely due to pain from something. The best thing to do now is to give sweet Mack aspirin at 5 mg per pound of his weight every 12 hrs. Certainly, if he does not respond by morning, have your vet check him but in most cases, he will be back to his old self by morning.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He's eating but not like before

The pain he is experiencing will decrease his appetite but as long as he is eating something, the aspirin can be given.

Hi Kenny,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Mack. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta