Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has had diarrhea on and off days and has developed

Customer Question

My dog has had diarrhea on and off for 4 days and has developed the most horrible gas imaginable. In the past he has eaten rocks but that resulted in vomiting (and subsequent surgery) - but never has he had this extreme gas with moderate lethargy issue.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can you tell me what the diarrhea looks like? Any blood?

Which anti-diarrhea treatment are you using specifically?

Was his diet change a quick one or did you wean Kep over slowly to the new diet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. Took him to ER - seems it is colitis. No blood in stool. I did change his diet quickly and will now be feeding him chicken breast and white rice for a few days until the antibiotics and probiotics kick in.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again,

I am glad to hear that they have address this for him. Since we were not able to help when you posted your question, I will send it back to customer service now.

Take care,

Dr. B.