Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I have a female neutered dog with a vaginal discharge
,

Customer Question

Kim and I have a female neutered dog with a vaginal discharge
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a female neutered dog with a vaginal discharge. It smells and slightly thick. It is a brownish color
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. If the dog is spayed and there is a discharge with odor and color you really need to get your girl to a Vet for a check up for infection. If not treated she could become ill fairly quickly. She will likely need oral antibiotics which you can only get from your veterinarian. Healthy dogs should not have any discharge.

Here is more on vaginal discharge in dogs including causes and treatmentshttp://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/symptoms/vaginal-discharge-in-dogs

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Sally G.