Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My name is ***** *****. Our 75 lb mostly lab/pit mix has

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. Our 75 lb mostly lab/pit mix has scabs around the edges of both ears;. They don't seem to bother him - no scratching. He lives outside in a double pen that is floored with plywood and mostly covered with a carport roof. Mostly enclosed and he has an igloo house with cedar shavings. We have had some cold weather here in middle Tennessee but he wears a double coat in cold weather and never appears to be cold at all.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only details are the scabs around the edges of both ears. Nowhere else on his body. They don't seem to bother him at all. He can't have been biting them as he can't reach them.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, thanks for your question. I need some additional info:

1) Is this dog living alone exclusively?
2) Does the dog travel anywhere with other pets?
3) Any scheduled playdates with other pets?
4) How cold does it get during the coldest part of the night, an average is fine.
5) Are there any sources of heat for him in the kennel, overhead or underfoot?